Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Stocking up on Basics at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

The Anniversary sale is a great time to stock up on basics.  Here are a few of my favorite items that you will wear all year long!  Don't forget, the sale runs until August 4th. At that time, prices will go back to to "normal" price.

Camis and Shapers


yummie tummie nordstrom anniversary sale
Yummie by Heather Thomson - Stephanie two way shaping tank

I picked up my first Yummie shaper (then called Yummie Tummie) at the last Anniversary sale and it has been a great buy.  I wear it under slightly sheer tops to provide some modest coverage so that the tops are work appropriate and they help keep everything tucked in place.  As a bonus, in the winter they help keep me warm!

shimera nordstrom anniversary sale
Shimera Two-Way Seamless Tank
The Shimera brand is Nordstrom's house brand and they make some great basics such as camisoles, tanks and undies.  I have the skinny strap version of this tank and it has served me well.  The fabric doesn't pill and it is long enough to keep my entire tummy covered.  It also doesn't ride up which I have had trouble with as well.

Leggings


hue leggings nordstrom anniversary sale
Hue 'Ultra' Wide Waistband Leggings

These Hue Ultra Wide Waistband leggings have over 600+ 5-star reviews. Wow!  I just ordered a pair so I'll be trying these out for the first time.  The leggings are reportedly of a thicker weight fabric, suitable for wearing "as pants".  The material is a cotton, rayon and Lycra spandex blend

Workout Gear 

I've mentioned Zella numerous times on the blog, but I can't get enough of their stuff.  The leggings, capris, workout tops and sweats all earn rave reviews from me because it is all well made and at a great price point!

zella nordstrom anniversary sale
Zella - Barely Flare Booty Pants
The Barely Flare Booty pant is a steal at $39.90.  This is a great pair of yoga pants that I have been wearing since last year and washed numerous times with no apparent wear to the fabric.  It seriously still looks new.  I would say the only thing that seems to be showing its age is some of the thread on the sides has picked up a bit of lint :-)

zella nordstrom anniversary sale
Zella - All Shirred Up Pullover

I tried this top in store and I thought it was really cute, but I was just far too short to pull it off.  The top was really long on me, to the point where the back was hanging below my butt and almost at my knees!  That being said, the front was very cute and I loved the giant cowl neck.  I thought about buying it anyway and trying to alter it but I decided against it.  I do think it would work *great* on someone tall--perhaps 5'7+?  I think it would be a great after workout top to throw on so you don't get cold.

nike nordstrom anniversary salea
Nike - Free TR Connect 2 Training Shoe

How fun are these leopard Nike shoes?  I love that athletic shoes are getting more interesting looking!  I'm not a huge fan of animal print in large swaths, but I think on the shoes, they look great!

What basics am I missing?  Anything else you'd recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment